Picture of What makes your organization stand out amongst the competition?

What makes your organization stand out amongst the competition?

Picture of Andrejs
Picture of Gail
3 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Gail W.

Category: Application Advice

Date asked: Friday, November 8, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Picture of Andrejs B.

Andrejs B.

Source To Pay Project Development Team Lead

What makes Nokia stand out as an organization for me personally is definitely people that work here and their attitude. I think Nokia is great at creating an environment where employees are eager to support each other and achieve results as a group - not as individuals. Achievement and mutual respect are two of our core values and one can clearly notice that in everyday work. Be it respecting ideas from newcomers or respecting the experience of those who have been with the company for a while - everything is always listened to and considered. And the focus is always on how we as a group can learn, improve and achieve more. When I first joined Nokia I moved from finance and management consulting into IT role. That was a big leap into the unknown for me and I was concerned about how it would go. However, my manager and colleagues quickly let me understand that I don't have to figure everything on my own. Instead, a team effort is always more effective and valuable.

Monday, December 2, 2019

Picture of Gail W.

Gail W.

Global Health and Wellbeing Program Manager

For me, it’s the people and the opportunities for development. It’s the people that create the energy in the company – they keep me motivated and challenge me to think about things in new and different ways. There are always plenty of new opportunities available if you’re willing to grab hold of them; whether that’s in your existing field of expertise, or in a new area you’re interested in. I’ve always felt encouraged and supported to get involved in new projects or cross-functional collaborations, and in turn have had the opportunity to meet new colleagues in the business, gain experience and develop new skills for the future. That’s what makes Nokia stand out for me!

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Cindi L.

Lead Counsel - Procurement Legal COE

Our people, our culture and our products and services - Nokia has been voted one of the most ethical companies in the world for the last years. Check it out: https://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/ethisphere-names-nokia-as-one-of-the-2021-worlds-most-ethical-companies-2021-02-23

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?