Picture of What makes you excited about what you work on? Is that excitement shared amongst your team?

What makes you excited about what you work on? Is that excitement shared amongst your team?

Picture of Dharmendra
1 response

Additional information

I'm an EE undergraduate

Declan C. asked a question to Dharmendra S.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Friday, January 21, 2022

Last reviewed: Saturday, January 22, 2022

Picture of Dharmendra S.

Dharmendra S.

Head of Business Group and Shared Services - Global Sales Support

Great question, please allow me to provide more context around my work. At a high level, my work supports Communication Service Providers (Telecom operators) to build/expand a telecom network that provides superior voice and data connectivity. So, this itself is a great motivation that I work for a world leader and we deliver critical networks that bring the world closer through secure connectivity. This is even more important during these virtual times. Naturally, this big picture also excites my team. Within this scope, whenever there is something unique, it further excites me. As an example, if there is a big possibility of business development, new complexity being added, a new challenge to be solved, new technology being introduced (e.g. 5G right now), more innovation, automation, and digitalization introduced (e.g. machines taking over multiple roles like medical surgery, autonomous vehicles), it takes the excitement to the next level. This obviously means that the end consumer (like you) is getting benefitted from next-generation technologies and the world is getting more advanced collectively. We ensure that this excitement is shared by the team too through transparent discussions to explain our crucial roles, story-telling, joining the dots to understand the big picture together, and having a shared vision to achieve our goals. Hope this response was useful for you. Happy to explain further if needed.

Saturday, January 22, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?