Picture of What motivates you about your role?

What motivates you about your role?

Picture of Eva
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Eva D.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Last reviewed: Thursday, January 27, 2022

Picture of Eva D.

Eva D.

GPM Center of Excellence Leader, Services GPMO, NI Business Group

When I decided to become an engineer, I did it because I liked solving problems and helping people. I also like working and meeting different people from different cultures. My current role at Nokia allows me to do exactly that: working with people in different countries and from different cultures and helping them in solving their problems. I work with people from different backgrounds, cultures, and nationalities. People have very different functions in the organization and have different points of view, different challenges, and diverse needs for support. So my day-to-day is never the same. I am running in parallel several improvement initiatives and solving-problem projects, some small, some big. My role is also in that sense very creative because solutions are not always easy to find and this challenges me to think out-of-the-box. My work requires me to continuously learn, which is a thing I like too. Learning about new types of business, new products, and services, new technologies. And also learning about new methodologies to solve problems and improve our company's processes. And all of this is very rewarding, because when I find a solution and we make it happen, I can see how the results of my work help my colleagues do their job better and more efficiently, and how this also has an impact on Nokia's business success.

Thursday, January 27, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?