Picture of Tell me some stories of things your company does to make LGBT employees feel at ease at work?

Tell me some stories of things your company does to make LGBT employees feel at ease at work?

Picture of Francisco
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Natalia K.

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Last reviewed: Thursday, January 5, 2023

Picture of Francisco S.

Francisco S.

Fault Management Cloud Engineer

Hi, Thank you for your question! I know your question was to my colleague Natalia K, but I would like to share some information about what Nokia is doing for our LGBT+ employees. Nokia started participating in Workplace Pride’s Global Benchmark a few years ago, being recognized again in 2022 as Ambassador level. The company crate the OUT Leaders program to break this cycle of invisibility and unleash the talent of all of our employees, regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. The OUT Leaders is an internal program to provide space and opportunities for growth for Nokia's LGBT+ leaders, particularly so that LGBT+ employees could envision themselves as future leaders. Also, Nokia participates yearly in two main benchmarks, the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI) and Workplace Pride. These evaluations provide us valuable insights which have a direct impact on our I&D agenda and activities. In the 2022 Bloomberg GEI, Nokia achieved a 73.67 percent score compared to the tech industry average of 69.63 percent providing us a comparison with 418 companies. For about 15 years, we have also participated in the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index (CEI) to measure our LGBT+ equality. Again, this year, we achieved a score of 100 percent earning the designation as a ‘Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality 2022’. The results of the 2022 CEI showcase how 1,271 participating companies are not only promoting LGBTQ+-friendly workplace policies in the U.S., but also for the 56 pecent of them with global operations are helping advance the cause of LGBTQ+ inclusion in workplaces globally. Such results cannot be achieved without a huge focus on progress and a great cross-organizational effort including the Nokia Employee Resource Groups such as StrongHer (Nokia’s a global network of all genders with a focus on women) EQUAL! (Nokia’s LGBT+ inclusion network) and EDGE (Ethnically diverse group of employees). Nokia is always progressing towards creating work spaces where everyone is equally rewarded and feels safe to be their true, authentic selves. I hope my answer has helped you. Good luck! Kind regards, Francisco Souza

Thursday, January 5, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?