Picture of Do you find your work inspiring? Why?

Do you find your work inspiring? Why?

Picture of Charles
1 response

Additional information

What motivates you every day at work, do you have a chance to grow, gain new skills?

Anonymous asked a question to Human Resources

Category: Experience

Date asked: Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Last reviewed: Thursday, January 20, 2022

Picture of Charles J.

Charles J.

Learning Solutions Consultant

Hi there – Thank you for asking this very inspiring question. At Nokia, what we do, all our voices, and the results we achieve are important. I’ve worked in the learning and development (i.e., training and performance improvement) areas of Human Resources for more than 20 years, and absolutely love the work I do. A large part of the inspiration I gain from the workplace can be attributed to the fantastic people with whom I work. Who would not be inspired by the challenge and reward gained from the opportunity to work alongside Bell Labs scientists and to work with the fantastically talented and diverse individuals throughout Nokia? The people who comprise the team of which I’m part, as well as the extended teammates with whom I collaborate are the best people one could ever hope to know. Teams within Nokia often have members from all parts of the world, where everyone is positive, helpful, and so polite. My first job was technical writing; authoring the user documentation that described how to operate, administer, and maintain/repair the company’s telecommunications products. From there, over the years, I transitioned to roles in technical courseware development, technical instructing, leading/managing of teams of technical instructors, and end-to-end management of training deployment logistics (i.e., instructor assignments, hardware and software products, training delivery modes, cost considerations, tools & processes, etc.). Being part of a company that emphasizes opportunity, accountability for achieving results, and which is dedicated to continuous learning contributes to that inspiration. I love working in the field of learning and development and am inspired that Nokia has provided opportunities for me to contribute to my utmost potential; both individually and collaboratively with colleagues who support my successes as much as they value their own accomplishments. Being part of a company where I know that my role, my voice, and the results I contribute are important does make a difference. Perhaps it’s the Nokia culture (where employees are collectively open, fearless, and empowered – the Nokia essentials) that allows it and its employees to rise above other great corporations. Thank you again for your question.

Thursday, January 20, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?