Picture of How do you keep motivated in your career?

How do you keep motivated in your career?

Picture of Francisco
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Francisco S.

Category: Career progression

Date asked: Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Last reviewed: Thursday, January 19, 2023

Picture of Francisco S.

Francisco S.

Fault Management Cloud Engineer

Hi, thank you for your question! That is a good question not just about our career but also about our lives, and to be honest with you, I think each one has your type of approach to keeping motivated in their life and professional career. However, for me, there are some fundamental points. First of all, try to find our purpose, so we can ask ourselves some questions, like, What do you like to do? what are your motivations for doing it? What are you aiming to achieve in your personal and professional life? The second point, we must try to set short-term and long-term goals to keep us engaged and on track towards our personal and professional careers. Then I have a third point, always ask for feedback from the manager or team leader because it not only shows that we are keen to perform in our role but will motivate us to achieve more since we will feel more valued in the work we do. Then it is how we keep continuously learning. The fourth point is to keep learning new skills every time. It is trying to learn something new; by seeking out workshops, bootcamps, webinars, courses, groups of discussion, etc. It would help if we chose something that falls outside of our comfort zone but is still relevant to our career. And the last one is to be a mindful person to keep a healthy 'self'. Try to avoid negative thoughts and comments about our job, do not take things personally and build an awareness of others to help us manage our working environment and relationships. Therefore, building our professional careers with a purpose will help us create great professional careers and personal growth, so keep a positive mindset and never stop learning! I hope my answer has helped you. Kind regards, Francisco Souza

Thursday, January 19, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?