Picture of How do you keep motivated in your career?

How do you keep motivated in your career?

Picture of Charles
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Charles J.

Category: Career progression

Date asked: Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Last reviewed: Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Picture of Charles J.

Charles J.

Learning Solutions Consultant

Hi. Thank you for this question. I feel that the answer will vary between individuals, but likely some similarities between most. As for me, it’s mainly the prospects for continuously learning (both inside and outside of Nokia – to enhance my knowledge, skills, behaviors, and attitudes), the opportunities to perform various job roles during my career to apply my learnings, and the satisfaction gained from improving my personal and workplace performance and value to Nokia. Among my main loves are education and technology. That has made NokiaEDU, which is Nokia’s premier learning and development organization, a very good work environment fit for me. Over the years, I held no less than a half-dozen different individual contributor and manager roles within NokiaEDU (including technical writing, courseware development, project management, technical instructing, training delivery management, people management, etc.). That said, the clear job-related processes, relevant and frequent feedback from my first-line managers, and of course tangible and non-tangible incentives have also supported my workplace motivation, goals, and individual performance. Having the world’s greatest colleagues in Nokia has also been a big plus. Thanks again for the question.

Wednesday, November 11, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?