Picture of Could you please let me know how to make a great career?

Could you please let me know how to make a great career?

Picture of Sandrine
Picture of Andrejs
3 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Nokia

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Monday, August 19, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Employer Brand Ops and Innovation Lead

Hi, what a great question. I believe there is not one single answer to this very interesting and broad topic but multiple points of views . In my humble opinion, it's important you keep on renewing yourself as the world is changing and evolving all the time. Be curious, try new things, don't be afraid to make mistakes and keep on trying and learning... I'm sure my colleagues have also great recommendations for you so I invite them to join the conversation :) Catalina G. Andrejs B.

Monday, August 19, 2019

Picture of Andrejs B.

Andrejs B.

Source To Pay Project Development Team Lead

Hi, Indeed, a great question. Might even be a million-dollar one for those who advance to a CEO position 😊 In my personal opinion, the path to a great and fulfilling career lies in balance. A balance between completing immediate tasks and assignments, spending time on self-development to understand what inspires and interests you, networking with people, following industry and global trends, developing new skills, etc. All in all, be a well-rounded person, instead of focusing on one specific thing. I believe that’s what helps to keep the motivation high and opportunities open. As Sandrine mentioned, having a learning mindset and making investments in yourself is a great way to approach such broad topic as a career. Every career 'level' requires a different set of skills, so it’s never a constant or linear process that can be automated. When we’re just starting out more hands-on & technical skills might be required. However, as we advance, more people and communication skills become relevant - ability to voice opinion, communicate clearly & effectively, as well as lead and inspire people. When thinking about the career, I personally like to consider where I can learn and develop the most. Exploring new areas, helping others, working on diverse projects & assignments is a great way to build a wide set of skills and increase your personal value (which will ultimately bring more opportunities).

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Catalina Z.

Talent Acquisition Manager - Americas Region

I think a great career comes with passion, ambition, and dedication. You should invest time in your own development, learning new skills and abilities. Never take for granted what you have learned, and always look for more. We are never too old to learn something new. Also, take some time for networking, meet colleagues around you, and if possible, look for a mentor who can be there for you. Once you have become an expert, it will be your turn to be the mentor for someone else; don´t be selfish. And finally, dream big!

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?