Picture of What are the steps to enhance a professional career in Transmission & RAN please suggest

What are the steps to enhance a professional career in Transmission & RAN please suggest

Picture of Lucy
1 response

Additional information

Working as Transmission Planning lead please suggest for carrer growth

Sambit S. asked a question to Lucy F.

Category: Career progression

Date asked: Thursday, November 14, 2019

Last reviewed: Friday, November 29, 2019

Picture of Lucy F.

Lucy F.

head of technology

Hi, Sambit, Thanks for your question about career development. Just share what's my personal experience for career development. In company level, there are usually several career paths support career development, like technical, people management and program management etc. Understand what's your own strength, what's the area you feel strong interest, what kind of values you could more add to organization. Find the career development direction and develop yourself, utilize the resource and get supports from direct line manager to support your career. Understand what's key competence area to learn, including technical and soft skills, learn a bit wide of the scope instead of only focus on own responsibility scope. Build up network via cooperation with different teams and stakeholders, create more opportunity to have cooperation with others for win-win, you will find career development become more and more smoothly and more chance open for you. Back to your specific on Transmission & RAN professional career, I am not the expert on transmission area. But I feel for technical career development is similar. Fast learning for key competence area , learn more about relevant domains, build more sense to understand what it means to customer. Extend competence to system domain then whole product level, take extra miles for more responsibility. Hopeful it could help you.

Friday, November 29, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?