Picture of Why did you choose to work in this industry?

Why did you choose to work in this industry?

Picture of Bartu
Picture of Mikko
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Mikko P.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Last reviewed: Monday, February 6, 2023

Picture of Bartu G.

Bartu G.

Electrical Engineering

Telecommunications is an industry that has an impact on many other businesses and groups on a multitude of levels, and this level of commonality means it benefits from exponential growth and innovation. For engineers who would like to expand their fields and technical knowledge, this degree of progression is an ideal field to achieve growth. My personal reasoning apart from this also included ethical concerns involving other engineering fields' primary customers and how/why they conduct business.

Monday, February 6, 2023

Picture of Mikko P.

Mikko P.

Research and Development Engineer, L1 Software

Let me also provide my thoughts on this topic. In the telecom industry, new technologies are being developed and deployed at a fast pace. I think telecommunications is also an enabler for several other emerging technology trends. This means that there is a need for technical problem-solving and engineering, but also learning opportunities. Being a technically oriented person, I find this very intriguing, especially because this enables a lot of space for personal development. And as much as it is a cliché, it is also interesting to be able to closely follow the latest trends and cutting-edge technological development. On top of this, I was very interested in programming, signal processing, and digital electronics, and studied more or less all of them. This industry was also a good choice in the sense that I have been able to use all of them (and much more, obviously!) in my job so far. Quite a broad range of skills is beneficial to work in this industry, and I see a lot of opportunities and different paths to choose from also for the future. All in all, while my choice of the industry was quite easy to do based on my interests, I also see broader benefits in working in telecommunications.

Monday, February 6, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?