Picture of Good afternoon, What are the pros and cons of your profession? And what would you like to change in your profession now?

Good afternoon, What are the pros and cons of your profession? And what would you like to change in your profession now?

Picture of Kathryn
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Kathryn P.

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Picture of Kathryn P.

Kathryn P.

Partner Sales Manager

Thanks for your question. I believe there is more Pro’s then Con’s in my role as Partner Sales Manager (PSM). As a PSM I manage relationships both within Nokia and outside of Nokia with my Channel Partners. We become integral to each other’s business success and with that you build strong relationship that is beyond a simple supply/ buy approach. In my role we jointly develop joint go-to-market business plans which when executed well allows both parties to benefit mutually. I love the engagement of working with our strategic partners and how they effect our business growth positively. That said there are con’s in this role. You do spend a lot time on building partnerships externally and then need to promote these engagements within Nokia. So you are not just selling our own companies value to the partner but also the partners value back into Nokia. That said I do enjoy that aspect of the role but understand some others find that challenging. In how I would change my profession today - I am not sure I would make any changes. Managing Channel is dynamic and no two days are the same… like I said I love the channel and heading it for my region at Nokia.

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?