Picture of So, who do we have with us today? Share something about yourself. We are eager to know you better!

So, who do we have with us today? Share something about yourself. We are eager to know you better!

Picture of Sandrine
Picture of Sandrine
8 responses

Sandrine H. asked during the live chat Meet the people at Nokia and Learn more about our Internship Opportunities to Nokia

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Employer Brand Ops and Innovation Lead

Hi Spencer! It's so nice to have you with us today! Welcome to session! You can open a new question if it works best for you :)

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Hi Faris, great to have you here... what question would you like to ask to my #TeamNokia colleagues?

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Faris A.

In terms of applying for internships or entry-level positions, how much prior experience do you look typically expect?

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Elijah O.

Good Afternoon Everyone , My name is Elijah London I am a senior at Kean University looking to graduate with degree in Cyber Security and minor in Software Engineering . I also am in the middle of studying for my 1002 to complete my A+. A question that I have is what does a average day for someone in the Software Engineering Department entail and what challenges does it bring?

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Steven F.

Creative Technologist

Hi Elijah, we are glad to have you here. A background in Cyber Security and Software Engineering is a great background. The average day could look slightly different depending on the kind of work done by the software engineer however, it tends to include.... Agile methodology, collaborating with your team to breakdown larger problems, communicating and working with members outside of your team in different departments and the use of your background and experience to help do what it is you need done.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Hi Steven J, could you also share what has been your onboarding experience at Nokia as you recently joined us and you used to be in a similar situation as today's participants?

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Steven F.

Creative Technologist

Definitely Sandrine. I browsed the positions posted on Nokia's website and looked through the categories I was interested in. I applied and when I received a call back I made sure to have a recent copy of my resume ready to be emailed and availability ready to schedule an interview if prompted. It was great communicating with Nokia management and getting setup for the interview

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Megan U.

Solution Manager

Hi Faris, many US positions are looking for students who are at least in their 2nd year of college. The description of the positions will give you more of an insight into the position. In every case, hiring managers are looking individuals who are motivated and committed.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?