Picture of What was the most interesting thing you've learned about collaborating with others?

What was the most interesting thing you've learned about collaborating with others?

Picture of Kasia
Picture of Sandrine
2 responses

Additional information

I think the most enlightening things I've learned occurred when I was working with other people! What was something that you learned when you had to work with other people at Nokia?

Jessica L. asked a question to Kasia G.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Monday, January 16, 2023

Last reviewed: Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Picture of Kasia G.

Kasia G.

Software Designer

The most interesting thing I learned is that everyone is essentially trying to fulfill their needs. If you are able to ask what your coworker needs (or guess correctly) you will be able to work with anyone and work with them well. Example: John (Tester) wants to make sure that the bug fix Mary (Developer) provided will not fail, because he needs to feel like he is contributing to the company's success. His strategy to fulfill this need will be triple checking with her on multiple things. Mary has the same need, in addition, Mary has a need for independence, and therefore, his triple checking may cause her to feel frustrated. The ultimate goal is company success, Mary understanding that concept will share her needs with John and John will respond with his. Now that they understand each other, they can both make requests and in consequence, they will achieve great teamwork and fulfillment of the ultimate goal: Nokia's success. People work better when they feel safe and such communication will provide them with this emotional safety so they can focus on work. Opposite to popular saying: it's not only HOW you say things but also WHAT you say that matters and the higher one's self-awareness the better one can collaborate with others. *The story has happened in real life but the names were changed to respect their privacy.

Friday, February 10, 2023

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Employer Brand Ops and Innovation Lead

@Casey , @Lorena @Virag @Armia please feel free to share your experience too!

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?