Picture of Hi Bartu, are software interns at Nokia having a productive process?

Hi Bartu, are software interns at Nokia having a productive process?

Picture of Bartu
Picture of Sandrine
3 responses

Özlem M. asked a question to Bartu G.

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Sunday, April 23, 2023

Last reviewed: Sunday, May 28, 2023

Picture of Bartu G.

Bartu G.

Electrical Engineering

Absolutely! Internship programs are an excellent way for us to share our workflow, projects, and day-to-day life with our interns. We believe that the best way to learn is by doing, and our interns get hands-on experience as part of the team. They have the opportunity to learn and grow in a myriad of ways, from working on real projects to collaborating with experienced professionals. We are always excited to welcome new interns and help them develop their skills and knowledge.

Monday, May 22, 2023

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Employer Brand Ops and Innovation Lead

hi @Casey , @Armia , @Lorena , @Mikko and @Linda You might want to share your perspectives too.

Monday, May 22, 2023

Picture of Mikko P.

Mikko P.

Research and Development Engineer, L1 Software

Hi, thank you for pointing me to this interesting question Sandrine! I'm happy to give my view here, and I apologize for the delay in my response. I wish you will find this helpful Özlem M. I haven't technically worked at Nokia as a software intern, but I did my master's thesis at Nokia which I think falls almost into the same category. For a thesis worker, the topic of the thesis obviously determines a bit if one is involved in the daily software development work or whether the work is more independent, for example, if the topic is more research-oriented. However, there is for sure always a team around and people who can help and give advice. Possibly one also has a group of other interns around, as it was the case with me. There was a community of thesis workers and we were supporting also each other in the process. I would say that being a software development intern very possibly opens up great learning experiences and new doors. One gets to work with the same tools and software as the more experienced colleagues. The company culture is also very inclusive, so through meetings and processes that the team follows there is a great chance to find out what the software development practices are like. It is very rewarding to start seeing your own contributions to the code and the features being developed, especially as an intern!

Sunday, May 28, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?