Picture of Can you talk about Nokia's commitment to DEI and providing opportunities for minority communities?

Can you talk about Nokia's commitment to DEI and providing opportunities for minority communities?

Picture of Chantha
Picture of Jeannie
8 responses

Taiwo S. asked during the live chat What's in it for you at Nokia North America? to Nokia

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Picture of Chantha N.

Chantha N.

New Professionals Program Lead

Our values are weaved into our essentials of being open, fearless and empowered. Why that is important is our efforts to be a leader in DEI, where we can bring our authentic selves to work, share our ideas and solutions and do meaningful work together in a diverse, inclusive global company. Our ERGs like StrongHer Canada champion for those values through events, networking, upskilling and challenging the status quote for career advance for women. We also have many other ERGs that support underrepresented groups and we also have a specific pillar in our People Strategy that focuses on creating community and belonging as well as programming that dives into inclusive behaviours and work culture.

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Picture of Jeannie L.

Jeannie L.

Talent Attraction Partner

We also have active Employee Resource Groups (ERG) that help foster DEI participation.

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Employer Brand Ops and Innovation Lead

Hi Taiwo S., this is such an important topic that you raise. Don't hesitate to ask us more details on this topic!

Picture of Christy E.

Christy E.

Regional Procurement Manager

Hi Taiwo S. In addition, Nokia ensures mandatory training of its employees on DEI to promote a culture of respect and to provide safe and inclusive workspace for everyone

Taiwo S.

One of the greatest challenge newcomers to Canada struggle with is "the Canadian experience" what is Nokia doing to ensure they don't miss out on great talents under the guise of lack of prior Canadian experience.

Picture of Christy E.

Christy E.

Regional Procurement Manager

Hi Taiwo S. Nokia's interview and selection process is based on your experience and suitability to the role not based on your prior experience working in Canada

Picture of Kasia G.

Kasia G.

Software Designer

I have a great experience with Nokia related to that. My manager treated my previous experience and schools I finished back in Poland as a valid education and experience.I was asked questions about it during my interview and I was able to provide Nokia with my translated and validated by World Education Services diplomas.

Taiwo S.

Thanks Christy and Kasia, your feedbacks are reassuring.

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?