Picture of What's the course which is useful to get jobs in RAN domain

What's the course which is useful to get jobs in RAN domain

Picture of Dharmendra
Picture of Sandrine
3 responses

Parthiban K. asked a question to Dharmendra S.

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Monday, October 24, 2022

Last reviewed: Saturday, November 25, 2023

Picture of Dharmendra S.

Dharmendra S.

Head of Business Group and Shared Services - Global Sales Support

Hi, this is a good question. However, it will require more context as technology has multiple associated profiles and roles. This includes R&D, product management, pre-sales, sales, services, and operations. Also, if it is an entry-level or a senior position. RAN is generally largely about 5G today (many regions still have huge 4G deployments). Depending on the geography, it would be good to prepare accordingly. Let's look closer to 5G (the hot technology today). The key areas include Cloud RAN, O-RAN, radio frequency (RF) units, baseband, massive Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (mMIMO) radios, Private Wireless, associated MW, etc. We also have to remember that 5G-Advanced is not far away that will bring out the wealthiest capabilities of 5G (From immersive extended reality (XR) experiences to high-precision location, presence, and timing technologies). So, please prepare with courses on above. There is a lot available on various websites and paid courses are available as well. All the best. Check also the Nokia Bell Labs 5G certification program. https://nokia.ly/3U5Pjvf

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Employer Brand Ops and Innovation Lead

hi @Remi : any additional thoughts?

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Picture of Remi M.

Remi M.

Software Engineer

Hi, Dharmendra perfectly described the RAN domain so I have a hard job to add something to his advice! I think that I could recommend also investing in soft skills, I'd mainly focus on communication & teamwork. Good luck Parthiban!

Saturday, November 25, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?