Picture of What kind of skills do you need in order to work here?

What kind of skills do you need in order to work here?

5 responses

Additional information

How can I best articulate my interest and align with the corporate goals of the organization?

Brandon U. asked a question to Nokia

Category: Work experience

Date asked: Saturday, October 5, 2019

Last reviewed: Monday, September 19, 2022

Catalina Z.

Talent Acquisition Manager - Americas Region

Hello Brandon, skills, abilities, and knowledge are related to the position you are pursuing, and the seniority level you have. You can always check position requirements on our postings on www.nokia.com/careers and follow our conversations on Social Media. I´m sure you will get much information from these resources so that you can identify an interesting path for you to follow inside our company. Kind regards,

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Brandon U.

Is there a way that I can reach out and ask about culture over the phone?

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Catalina Z.

Talent Acquisition Manager - Americas Region

Hello Brandon, you can ask here any questions you have. We will be glad to answer. If not me, we have others who can participate too. Regards,

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Picture of Anni R.

Anni R.

Development Studies

Well, we value diversity a lot. So the more interesting background you can bring to the table, the better. This is a super international company, so it's essential to understand and respect different cultures. You also have to be very resilient - tech industry is extremely competitive and sometimes things don't always go your way. Big corporations turn big wheels, so you have to have patience too.

Monday, September 12, 2022

Picture of Dharmendra S.

Dharmendra S.

Head of Business Group and Shared Services - Global Sales Support

Great answers above, let me try to add my response too. As we know, Nokia is a technology company largely selling to Communication service providers and Enterprises. Our primary products come from 3 Business Groups - Mobile Networks (e.g. Radio), Cloud and Network Services (Core, Enterprise, Cloud, Business applications), and Network Infrastructure (Fixed, Optics, IP portfolio). We also have the associated services for all the above products (deploy, Care, operations, etc.). So the roles are technical (R&D, Product Management, Pre-Sales, Sales, etc.) as well as horizontal roles too (e.g. commercial, HR, Marketing, Strategy). Accordingly, the skills required are both personal and hard skills. The hard skills would be according to the role (technical/sales etc.) while the personal skills would include high integrity, curiosity, problem-solver, accountability, good EQ, showing empathy, active listening, leadership potential, etc. I hope this helps.

Monday, September 19, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?