Picture of What is your personal experience as a minority employee at Nokia?

What is your personal experience as a minority employee at Nokia?

Picture of Charles
1 response

Edward D. asked a question to Web & IT

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Thursday, September 10, 2020

Last reviewed: Thursday, September 10, 2020

Picture of Charles J.

Charles J.

Learning Solutions Consultant

My overall personal experience as a minority employee at Nokia has been very positive. How can one not be excited about having opportunities to work for a global corporation and to team with the remarkably talented and fair-minded people who comprise Nokia? Employment at Nokia has offered me the opportunity to make measurable contributions to technical and general projects that benefit our world. In fact, my observation is that minority employees at Nokia are held accountable to perform, no different on average, than are my non-minority colleagues. I have the same job and advancement opportunities and feel that I have opportunities equal to those of any other employee to improve my knowledge, skills, and behaviors through informal learning (such as workplace learning from colleagues and self-directed learning), formal training opportunities within, and outside of Nokia, and from self-directed research. Whatever racism or discrimination I may have experienced or observed during my years at Nokia, has been attributable to individuals’ attitudes and misplaced beliefs, and were not reflective of the corporate policies and employee culture of Nokia.

Thursday, September 10, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?