Picture of How has Nokia employed business intelligence tools? What are the effects on the decision making process?

How has Nokia employed business intelligence tools? What are the effects on the decision making process?

Picture of Sandrine
Picture of Andrejs
3 responses

Additional information

Hello, I am a BI student currently doing my bachelor thesis on Business intelligence tools impact on decision making. I was wondering if anyone could give me any insights on how Nokia has employed business intelligence tools and the effect that it had on the decision making process.

Yassmine P. asked a question to Engineering & Science

Category: About us

Date asked: Monday, February 11, 2019

Last reviewed: Thursday, April 11, 2019

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Employer Brand Ops and Innovation Lead

Inbar S. would you like to share your view on this topic?

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Picture of Andrejs B.

Andrejs B.

Source To Pay Project Development Team Lead

We go through a huge amount of data on a daily basis and use various business intelligence tools to structure and analyze it. In IT, for instance, we base our conclusions on the data that these tools provide and this process often triggers very productive discussion and highlights areas of improvement. Very often categorizing the data alone will reveal some of the patterns that occur in the process - some are effective patterns that we formalize into a standard process and try to replicate across various projects/team and some are inefficient patterns which we brainstorm improvement actions for. The great thing about business intelligence in big companies is that the data samples are so large, that basically any pattern we are able to spot is significant and is worth analyzing.

Thursday, April 11, 2019

Yassmine P.

thank you so much for your help

Thursday, April 11, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?