Picture of What are the most recent projects of Nokia in the field of software designing going on that can disrupt the industry?

What are the most recent projects of Nokia in the field of software designing going on that can disrupt the industry?

Picture of Stefanos
1 response

Kary S. asked a question to Stefanos B.

Category: About us

Date asked: Saturday, September 16, 2023

Last reviewed: Monday, November 13, 2023

Picture of Stefanos B.

Stefanos B.

Software Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. In recent years more and more efforts have been concentrated around software development. Software is easier to install and maintain than hardware. For example, any customer can easily make an update in order to fix a problem they are experiencing or simply to improve the quality of their product. I can't exactly tell you about specific software projects currently underway at Nokia, but I can tell you 2 different areas of research that are going to receive a lot of research within the company soon. The first is developing software applications using containers. Containers are like virtual machines, but they are lighter and require fewer resources (processing and cache). The second is the mmWave area, which has a lot of research. This aspect is expected to drastically expand the capabilities of the 5G network, as well as the next generations. The amount of data to be uploaded and downloaded will increase and the quality of the user experience will undoubtedly improve. mmWave is something that will mainly be used in applications that require extremely high reliability and low latency. Self-driving cars and e-health are two cases that fall into the aforementioned category. In conclusion, I believe that in the coming years software will occupy a large part of the market and the revenue around it will constantly increase.

Monday, November 13, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?