Picture of Hey there, what opportunities does Nokia possess for Emerging technologies?

Hey there, what opportunities does Nokia possess for Emerging technologies?

25 responses

Tajwar L. asked during the live chat Meet the people at Nokia and learn more about student/new grad opportunities! to Nokia

Category: About us

Date asked: Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Gino M.

Head of Innovation Solutions

Hey there Tajwar, your question is exactly what my team works on :) I lead an R&D innovation team that tries to tackle challenges using new concepts and technology. We've worked on projects like an AI optimization for WIFI networks in ultra-dense residential areas, to security frameworks for containerized applications, and even hardware designs for new 5G devices :)

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Tajwar L.

That's pretty cool Gino. I have a keen interest in this field and with a background in consulting and digital marketing, I was thinking how much of a barrier or advantage that would be when trying to enter this field. Also, I'm pursuing self-learning courses in distributed ledger tech and deep learning (this one is fresh new)

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Tajwar L.

So, wanted to know if that type of knowledge would be useful. I also graduate in 2022 august, so was wondering what type of new grad opps you had for that timeline

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Shilpi O.

Sales Engineer

Hi Tajwar, to add to Gino's answer. A lot of the business groups are also looking into emerging market segments and technologies. Tied to the R&D aspect there is the selling and marketing aspect. It is always an asset to be able to speak from a customer and use case perspective

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Gino M.

Head of Innovation Solutions

Excellent initiative on your part Tajwar, congratulations on that! Having some consulting experience can be an asset, from everything like Product Management, to sales (support, active, etc). I completely agree with Shilpi, always an asset :)

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Tajwar L.

Perfect! thanks Shilpi for that insight. :) I was wondering what could be the potential steps to take and what would be good fitted roles for someone like myself. You mentioned product management Gino, and I was wondering whether project management would also be on the cards and what type of growth would be available for those roles..thanks in advance!

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Picture of Kathryn M.

Kathryn M.

Account Executive

Hey Tajwar - project management is also very relevant! Given Nokia is a global company with such a vast product offering, the growth opportunities are incredible!

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Shilpi O.

Sales Engineer

To add to Kathryn, I come form R&D and now I am in sales. We have need for project managers in all areas. Project management is a great way to get knowledge and experience on the technologies and customers that Nokia is working on and with

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Tajwar L.

All of that sounds super positive and cool. Is it okay if I connect with you guys on LinkedIn? Would love to do a follow-up meeting and get more off this live chat. Also, any advice on what makes an application stand out?

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Picture of Chris C.

Chris C.

Global Head of Employer Branding

Doesn't Nokia also have Nokia Bell Labs? How does that impact R&D and innovation?

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Shilpi O.

Sales Engineer

Yes happy to connect

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Tajwar L.

And I also looked into the job postings and didn't see much for product/project management so would love to deep dive into the dateline for those openings and potential

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?