Picture of Can you share some more details about your involvement at universities and your role in engaging with students?

Can you share some more details about your involvement at universities and your role in engaging with students?

1 response

Jack C. asked a question to Nokia

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Adam T.

Site Development Coordinator

Hey Jack, good question! I work with our North American Student Programs team to help identify which recruiting events we need to be at locally. From there, I help make sure the managers attending have a good both set up (with awesome giveaways), and I will occasionally attend the events when support is needed. At the Nokia campus, I try to organize some activities for co-ops throughout the term. Over the past couple of years, this has included welcome mornings, team building activities and lunch and learns. Over the summer, I am engaging daily with high school interns. I manage our Future Tech Summer Internship for students going into grade twelve so, while they are in the building, I am engaging with them in multiple capacities. Apart from student engagements, I've also started to facilitate conversations with universities and some of our local R&D teams on topics such as collaborative research, PhD/Master's placements, etc.

Friday, February 8, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?