Picture of Can you describe a typical day in your role?

Can you describe a typical day in your role?

Picture of Andrejs
2 responses

Cristian K. asked a question to Andrejs B.

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Monday, November 18, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Picture of Andrejs B.

Andrejs B.

Source To Pay Project Development Team Lead

Hi Cristian, I lead the team that implements enhancements to our ERP environment on a global scale. On any given day there are 10-20 projects ongoing at the moment, so the schedule tends to change a lot depending on the projects' progress. My typical workday usually starts with a quick email check to see if there have been any issues in project delivery (in build, test or deployment phases) or ERP system availability that requires immediate attention. If there were, I address those with priority by meeting with respective colleagues and agreeing on mitigation actions. For me personally morning is the most productive period and the time when I feel most creative. So, I try to use it as much as possible to work on strategic & team-related topics. It can be analyzing the data and coming up with process improvement actions. It can be networking with colleagues to discuss potential new projects. And so on. Typically, we have a form of a team/status meeting with various stakeholders around lunchtime (European time) every day to ensure that as many people around the world can join and participate. After that and the lunch, I use the second half of the day to communicate and follow up with projects on their progress and discuss any risks or deviations from plans, as well as to work on various managerial/reporting/etc. documentation.

Monday, December 2, 2019

Cindi L.

Lead Counsel - Procurement Legal COE

I am a lawyer at Nokia. I support business partners globally. As a lawyer, there is no typical day. Each day brings new legal questions and challenges. I attend calls with the business partners and conduct research on their legal issues. I spend hours reading and analysing contract terms and conditions and providing legal opinions. I negotiate major contracts that support business deals. Every day is interesting and challenging as my practice requires me to know laws of many countries.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?