Picture of What does an average day for someone in the Software Engineering Department entail?

What does an average day for someone in the Software Engineering Department entail?

22 responses

Additional information

What is it that you look for when excepting interns?

Elijah O. asked during the live chat Meet the people at Nokia and Learn more about our Internship Opportunities to Nokia

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Kajaria S.

Senior Privacy and Security Manager

Hello Elijah. In addition to the info listed on intern job description we would expect our interns to committed to their projects/assignments, willing to learn new approaches, work well with a team as well as being self directed.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Kajaria S.

Does that answer your question?

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Kajaria S.

If so, I have one for you. How have you prepared yourself for future employment opportunities? From both a personal and professional perspective.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Karen M.

Program Owner

Hi Elijah, are you referring to a development role? If so, I haven't worked as a Developer for a while; however, I do Project Manage development/Scrum Teams. Overall, an average day may look like working within your Scrum Teams to understand the scope of a project, writing design documents, test plans, writing software code, testing the code, etc. Does this address your question?

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Elijah O.

Hi Kararia, Yes you have answered my question. I believe I have prepared myself for employment by becoming trying to diversify my interest. I have a passion for both the development of software and the hardware of computer. I think by blending the skills and passion that I have developed both in school and on my own increased my ability to contribute to a company

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Karen M.

Program Owner

Hi Elijah, did you have additional questions about an average day for someone in Software Eng...?

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Michael T.

Product Manager: Cloud and Network Services: Shared Data Database

Hi Elijah, I’m a product manager and interact with development teams in the US, China, UK, and France. My average day begins early, 7am in Feeder team meetings where we discuss customer requirements, the state of features, schedules, issues and concerns. On a weekly basis there are meetings with our customers like Verizon, AT&T to make sure we are developing per our customers requirements. We also have bi-weekly deep dive sessions to help customers understand our architecture our 5G products.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Elijah O.

Hi Karen, Thank you for answering my question earlier. Aside from the essentials like java and python what other languages or software do you find yourself using day to day?

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Thelma A.

Strategic Procurement Manager·MN COO Str Sourcing Product BPM

Hi Elijah, It is very important to also show initiative with assigned tasks. Your mentor will provide support as needed; however, the benefit to you and most rewarding part is when you take ownership in working through assigned tasks - that form of learning is not only long lasting but leaves the best impression.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Michael T.

C, Go, and C++

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Karen M.

Program Owner

Thank you for answering Elijah's follow-on question, Mike.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Michael T.

Hi Elijah, if you know the fundamentals of one language, it should be easy to pick up a new language. Your mentor will also be there to guide you.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?