Picture of How do you best describe a day at Nokia?

How do you best describe a day at Nokia?

Picture of Dharmendra
1 response

Tiago Miguel Antoine Collot da Silva Pereira C. asked a question to Dharmendra S.

Category: How to apply

Date asked: Thursday, March 3, 2022

Last reviewed: Monday, March 7, 2022

Picture of Dharmendra S.

Dharmendra S.

Head of Business Group and Shared Services - Global Sales Support

Very interesting question, thank you for asking. I can share based on my personal experience over many years and at various global locations. Let me set the context first. Nokia is a world-class 156 years old company committed to Essentials ensuring an open, fearless, and empowered environment for all employees globally. Ethics, Integrity, diversity, and inclusion are the highest priority. Health, safety, security, hygiene are most important. Nokia office has everything that one can expect from a top multi-national company. Now a glimpse of my own life. On a daily basis, we have a general team meeting starting with checking how we all are doing (personally and professionally, especially during these virtual times) followed by discussing open topics/deadlines/priorities and if something more is required to meet customer expectations. As we have multiple global/virtual teams, we collaborate a lot through online meetings (depending upon the time zones). It is always about teamwork and creating a high-performance culture. We all are passionate about technology, attitude to serve, and customer success. There is no hierarchy and everyone is excited to contribute. We try our best to value every opinion. If I have a challenge to solve, others are very keen to help. There is a strong focus on knowledge-share and continuous learning. This also helps in handling change as telecom is a very dynamic environment. We also have employee engagement activities that promote creativity and bonding while appreciating talents beyond work. Personally, I am also involved in mentoring and coaching fellow employees and it is very satisfying to develop leaders. Hope the above helps. Happy to answer in detail about any specific topic.

Monday, March 7, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?