Picture of On what target clouds are Nokia solutions deployed?

On what target clouds are Nokia solutions deployed?

Picture of Kamil
8 responses

Sachin Y. asked during the live chat Working with world speed record-breaking 5G technology in Nokia to Nokia

Category: About us

Date asked: Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Picture of Kamil M.

Kamil M.

Faculty of Mechanical Engineering

Hello; I'm not sure if I understand this question well. For example cloud 5G configuration are used to increase capabilities of our system. To let our customer to storage main computers of many base stations in one place (less equipment under masts) and to let them use additional features that can be used in powerful cloud servers. I recommend youtube movie of Rohde&Schwarz company about cloud configurations and their benefits. Have I answered? 😉

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Sachin Y.

I was reading about NFV and was wondering if NFV deployments are using any target cloud platforms or Nokia has it's own private Cloud?

Picture of Kamil M.

Kamil M.

Yes and yes ;) We use other solutions in cooperation with other companies and of course - we develop our cloud to use our systems there and handle needs of our customers.

Picture of Kamil M.

Kamil M.

A.....and we have dedicated clouds departments. Are you interested in joining one?

Sachin Y.

Ah yes. I have already applied and had 2 rounds of interview as Cloud Native Architect in KCMD department of Nokia Core Services and Care. Keeping fingers crossed for the next steps.

Sachin Y.

Will be interesting to see how this Multi-cloud scenario works.

Picture of Kamil M.

Kamil M.

For me it is "magic". I worked with clouds a year ago and now I work with classical versions of base stations. I hope to see you on board soon ;)

Sachin Y.

Thank you. Will surely connect with you if i get on-boarded :) else, these chat forums will be way to stay connected :)

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?