Picture of What is the best way to pursue next-generation wireless communication?

What is the best way to pursue next-generation wireless communication?

Picture of Dharmendra
2 responses

Additional information

Hello Lorena, my name is Sal; I am writing this because I want to offer my life to humanity. I was in computer science a decade ago because I wanted a career in computers. This was only because I enjoyed being on the computer as a child. I eventually dropped out because of a lack of purpose and no interest in programming. A decade later I believe I found my purpose. How do I pursue a career at Nokia helping research and find new technologies to help people communicate with their loved ones? How do I give my life to the field of TELECOMMUNICATIONS. I want to help fill the sky with more human voice and data. I want to make sure no child is ever lonely again, not on my watch. Would you suggest I finish my computer science degree or would you recommend I pursue a degree in electrical engineering? I need advice, stuck at the moment, currently a grunt technician working with communication towers, not sure what direction to head next. Some guidance would be appreciated.

Salvindra N. asked a question to Dharmendra S.

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Thursday, July 6, 2023

Last reviewed: Thursday, July 13, 2023

Salvindra N.

I am also currently pursuing the cisco certifications if that also helps, just to get networking under my belt. Just finished studying for the CCNA and going for the CCNP. Will pursuing the CCIE help with my career goals?

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Picture of Dharmendra S.

Dharmendra S.

Head of Business Group and Shared Services - Global Sales Support

Hi Salvindra, thanks for your question. These are great courses that you are persuing. If you think from Nokia portfolio perspective, it would be useful in our Network Infrastructure portfolio (consisting of IP, Fixed, and Optics) as well as our Enterprise division. All the best.

Thursday, July 13, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?