Picture of Tell me about your biggest challenge in the last 3 months?

Tell me about your biggest challenge in the last 3 months?

Picture of Andrejs
Picture of Bori
5 responses

Ahmed S. asked a question to Andrejs B.

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Sunday, November 3, 2019

Last reviewed: Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Picture of Andrejs B.

Andrejs B.

Source To Pay Project Development Team Lead

Hi Ahmed, At work there are big & small challenges popping up almost on a daily basis - that's just the nature of project management (and life, actually). Managing time and deciding which area to put more effort in is one example. For instance, as we near the year end it gets increasingly challenging to accommodate all requests and complete projects before we close the books and many colleagues go on holiday. On a personal and much broader level, the biggest challenge I see is finding a balance between personal growth and results. It's not necessarily a challenge I've experienced in the past 3 months, but rather something everyone faces throughout their careers. Personal growth often comes from taking the harder route, getting out of your comfort zone or even making mistakes and learning from the experience. That doesn't always correlate to the best results possible - these require being diligent, productive, minimizing mistakes and striving to do things as efficiently as possible.

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Picture of Bori M.

Bori M.

Head of Coaching & Mentoring

Hello, Ahmed, I can provide a more standard, and personal answer to your question - as typically our workload is pretty intense, and we still want to find time for upskilling, learning new things, thinking about ways to improve, balancing efficiency and impact... during holidays and peak periods, this is even more so, ensuring tasks are still carried out on time. I have been managing quite a few things simultaneously in the last couple of months, leadership programs, communities, projects, training, and ad hoc requests - I'd call this my most recent challenge, with a focus on work-life balance.

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Picture of Dharmendra S.

Dharmendra S.

Head of Business Group and Shared Services - Global Sales Support

Great answers Bori and Andrejs, I would like to add further. One of the biggest challenges in recent times has been creating a pre-covid times environment at the office. As I have been responsible for large and diverse teams, there are various aspects to consider. While many colleagues are enjoying coming to the office, others have multiple personal struggles too. Some people moved out of the city completely and are gradually coming back. We also have to be mindful that Covid is not completely gone. So, maintaining the highest safety is our top priority as well. If we are in a meeting room together, maintaining social distance and wearing a mask while collaborating is a slightly different experience. How many people in a room are safe together is another concern. Similarly, cafeteria and tea/coffee meetings are slowly picking up. Colleagues are so excited to have face-2-face discussions, however planning the right amount of office space - how many, which days, etc. is also not easy. So, very unique situations and new challenges to solve beyond usual business struggles. Hope it only gets better from here.

Monday, July 25, 2022

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Employer Brand Ops and Innovation Lead

hi @Rita , @Remi @Karoliina : feel free to share yours too :)

Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Picture of Karoliina S.

Karoliina S.

Project Manager, NDAC Networks

Hi Ahmed, my biggest challenge lately has been that my current manager will soon be leaving Nokia after an incredible career of over three decades. It's not easy to lose an important part of the organization, but fortunately, we have wonderful and skilled colleagues around us, so everything will be fine. All of this says a lot about what it's like to work at Nokia: You enjoy your work and the working community, and you may stay with the company for several years or even decades.

Wednesday, February 21, 2024

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?