Picture of What is a recent example of a problem that Nokia's team successfully tackled, and the role interns played towards it?

What is a recent example of a problem that Nokia's team successfully tackled, and the role interns played towards it?

Picture of Stefanos
Picture of Sandrine
3 responses

Marie S F. asked a question to Information Technology

Category: About us

Date asked: Saturday, August 12, 2023

Last reviewed: Monday, August 21, 2023

Picture of Stefanos B.

Stefanos B.

Software Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I can give you my perspective on how my team deals with software issues. I belong to the Fastmile 4G Fixed Wireless Access team. It is very common to receive software issues from customers. These problems mainly concern the functionality of devices owned by customers. The first thing we do as a Team is manually or automated test the software to reproduce the bug and verify it. The software code must then be modified to correct the problem. Finally, the new committed code is tested by the Continuous Integration Team to check that the original error no longer occurs. What was described earlier is the procedure we follow when we have a software malfunction. Regarding the role of interns in these kinds of problems, I cannot give you a specific answer because there is no person in my team with this role. However, I can tell you that all team members undertake tasks based on their experience, knowledge, and qualifications. Each member of the Team has a valuable and different contribution. Cooperation and communication within the team are the main pillars in order to enhance the responsiveness and effectiveness of the team.

Monday, August 14, 2023

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Employer Brand Ops and Innovation Lead

Hi @Linda , could you share the intern's perspective?

Monday, August 21, 2023

Picture of Linda K.

Linda K.

Talent Attraction Partner & Campus Program Manager

It would be difficult to pinpoint one specific example as we have several hundreds of students annually and they all have different tasks, responsibilities and projects - a lot with NDA with each of their teams. However, I will provide one high level example of our network automation interns in Canada. They do a series of micro automation projects that focus on network repetitive and simple tasks using tools such as SharePoint, Power BI, Power Automate, etc. They have utilized tools to help network operations and program teams to monitor and control processes, scripts to automate process, configure in the network and platforms, they used PowerBI to help with key dashboards, data and reports, they set up emailed automated reports and alerts that were critical. Some of these projects improved efficiencies like reporting time so drastically that other teams globally are picking up some of these initiatives that these interns completed.

Monday, August 21, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?