1 response

Suat S. asked a question to Mikko P.

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Friday, March 10, 2023

Last reviewed: Saturday, March 18, 2023

Picture of Mikko P.

Mikko P.

Research and Development Engineer, L1 Software

Hi, Great that you asked! I think this is a question that concerns quite many people in the beginning of their careers. I have not taken part in recruitment processes or been an intern at Nokia so I cannot probably give the most detailed answer here, but let me reply based on what I have seen. In my department, there has been some students working part-time along with their university studies, and for the summer months summer interns are also hired. So based on my observations, interns are usually in the middle of their master's studies at a university. While relevant domain knowledge and basic IT and programming skills help land an internship for sure (of course based on the internship that you are targeting), I would guess that it is more relevant to be able to show your interest in the industry and the job itself. Most technical internships probably require some basic set of knowledge but I would guess that the desired skill set varies from internship to internship. However, very deep technical knowledge can hardly be required because that is more relevant in the positions with higher experience levels. I hope I was able to provide a useful answer for your question!

Saturday, March 18, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?