Picture of How do you manage your workload in your role?

How do you manage your workload in your role?

Picture of Bori
Picture of Mohamed
3 responses

Reullen Q. asked a question to Mohamed A.

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Friday, June 26, 2020

Last reviewed: Friday, June 26, 2020

Picture of Bori M.

Bori M.

Head of Coaching & Mentoring

Excellent question, relevant regardless of our role, I think. What is vital is to be able to set the right priorities, and focus on the right things: what is important and urgent versus what is it that can wait more. Leave time aside for the unexpected, the spontaneous calls, meetings - to support colleagues in need, or asking for some guidance or support. Even with a heavy workload, if you have a sense of accomplishment, a feeling that you add value and what you do helps others, this is manageable. I personally try to do such activities outside of work that help me switch off: this can be sports, a walk, biking, reading or being with friends - varies from person to person. What is important is for the brain and the body to "regenerate", otherwise a huge workload cannot be sustainable for a long time and may lead to burnout. In Nokia we have quite a bit of flexibility, so we can juggle the workload - some colleagues use the gym in the morning, others during lunch; or continue work after a sports break... What matters is the quality of your work and that you get things done on time.

Friday, June 26, 2020

Picture of Mohamed A.

Mohamed A.

Digital Transformation Sales Lead

I really like Bori's answer and I would add for my role in Sales you have to balance the time between meeting your customers, addressing their needs, and managing your internal work as well. It's challenging for sure but doable as long as you are putting priorities, focused agenda, and doing the right delegation whenever possible.

Friday, June 26, 2020

Picture of Daniela L.

Daniela L.

Talent Acquisition Partner, HR Region Americas

I agree with my colleagues, regardless that we have different roles and responsibilities, all of us need to find a balance in our day to day. I think that an organised agenda and setting priorities are key factors to succeed and this also applies to personal life.

Friday, June 26, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?