Picture of What are the top three requirements when you recruit entry level developers?

What are the top three requirements when you recruit entry level developers?

4 responses

Weixin L. asked during the live chat Meet the people at Nokia and learn more about student/new grad opportunities! to Nokia

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Gino M.

Head of Innovation Solutions

Hey there Weixin, this may vary based on the job profile and hiring managers. But for myself, I look at developers that are fearless, willing to learn and have a deep sense of curiosity! For entry level, I look for someone who is willing to adapt and learn new things, it's not as much about what you know, but what you are willing to learn :) Being Fearless is one of the Nokia qualities we strive for

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Weixin L.

Thank you for your answer

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Picture of Tina Z.

Tina Z.

Hi Gino, I am working on image processing by ML and AI. Is it your interest in working? or can you offer someone in Nokia to be interested in this field? I am a fast learner and also fearless person

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Gino M.

Head of Innovation Solutions

Hey Tina! Yes, we've actually done projects like this, using drones to process video in real-time to detect possible "line-of-sight" issues when deploying wireless technology, it's much cheaper than sending tons of people in the streets. But our Bell-Labs research also does extensive research in this area, there are many use cases for 5G private wireless for factory automation (watching robots move around), etc.

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?