Picture of What qualifications a 5G Field Test Engineer- fresh graduate should posses? Suggestions for study before the interview?

What qualifications a 5G Field Test Engineer- fresh graduate should posses? Suggestions for study before the interview?

Picture of Kamil
1 response

Additional information

I am a recent graduate with a BS and MEng. degree in Electr. and Comp. Engineering, with a focus on Telecommunications. My master thesis was focused on the combined analysis of MIMO channels, with the performance simulation testing of several antenna topologies aiming at comparing and improving the channel capacity using the QuaDRiGa open source channel model for the simulations. I found that the position related to the 5G testing in Nokia would really be an opportunity for me to enhance my knowledge and practical skills, continuing the field direction that i have chosen to follow through wireless communications, and so, i applied. I have already read the job description and am trying to prepare myself studying for the requirements. However i would really appreciate your suggestions/advice upon that.

Stamatia S. asked a question to Kamil M.

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Last reviewed: Sunday, September 27, 2020

Picture of Kamil M.

Kamil M.

Faculty of Mechanical Engineering

Hello; Good to hear you have telecommunication knowledge. From my perspective it is good to know: 1. Linux and network basics (Cisco). In SyVe (System Verification) we setup configuration and adjust network settings and use the Linux command line. 2. Good to know python and be able to write a basic script that ex. finds specific sentences in log files or check connections between devices. 3. Of course it is good to be familiar with the testing theory. Let me know about your interview. I am really curious ;)

Sunday, September 27, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?