Picture of What does an AI  technical engineer role mean? Example please.

What does an AI technical engineer role mean? Example please.

Picture of Linda
8 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Anonymous asked a question to Linda K.

Category: Role Description

Date asked: Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Last reviewed: Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Picture of Linda K.

Linda K.

Talent Attraction Partner & Campus Program Manager

Hi there, I'm not a technical person and every role could be different from one another plus it could change since technology is always changing. However, I'm assuming one should have a working knowledge of machine learning and AI algorithms, solving machine learning strategies, using Python, various scripting languages, Data search, parsing, LLM Models, microservices, and security knowhow. Again, not a technical person and it could vary from roles to roles within our company and other industries. Thanks.

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Jahnvi S.

Thanks, Linda for the update. The role seems interesting.

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Jahnvi S.

Hi Linda, could you also shed some light on the recruitment process for the technical roles in the field of AI at Nokia? Also, what kind of projects is Nokia working on pertaining to AI domain?

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Picture of Linda K.

Linda K.

Hi Jahnvi, your welcome for the response; however, there are many, many different types of roles at Nokia and all vary from one another. Perhaps several thousands of different projects globally. Many projects have AI components to it, most recruitment processes will require some form of technical competency questions and/or tests, and you are more than welcome to check out some projects on our main webpage or LinkedIn for the ones that can be disclosed and not under NDA. Thank you!

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Jahnvi S.

Thank you Linda for the response. I will check on the LinkedIn page for the projects. I had one question, when applying for the roles related to AI, what job function and category do they fall into?

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Picture of Linda K.

Linda K.

Hi Jahnvi, AI is in almost all technical roles we do. There are so many different job functions and categories across the globe. I would put AI in the search string when looking. Thanks!

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Anonymous

Hi Linda, I have recently applied to R&D and SWE roles in AI field at Nokia under the email address: [email protected]. Can you tell me how long should I expecting a response?

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Picture of Linda K.

Linda K.

Hi Jahnvi, that is a difficult question to answer as we are a global company with hundreds to thousands of roles and different members in HR and hiring team involved. You can check your status on your own personal NokiaME profile. Thank you.

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?