Picture of What has your experience as a black person at Nokia been like?

What has your experience as a black person at Nokia been like?

Picture of Francisco
1 response

Ashley W. asked a question to Armia W.

Category: Diversity

Date asked: Friday, March 10, 2023

Last reviewed: Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Picture of Francisco S.

Francisco S.

Fault Management Cloud Engineer

Hi Ashley W., Thank you for your question! I know your question was to my colleague Armia W., but let me share some brief information about Nokia's actions toward black employees. During my first year and a half, I can truly see how Nokia values and creates a very open and inclusive culture where employees feel safe and respected. Flexibility and work-life balance are given importance at all organizational levels, reaffirming Nokia's commitment to being open, fearless, and empowered. Inclusiveness sits at the heart of Nokia's value creation and is core to how we do business, innovate and partner with our customers. We love and embrace the originality of our people and want to make everyone feel safe and at home. Nokia is an active partner of Advancing Black Leadership and Excellence (ABLE) and believes everyone deserves to work and live in a society that treats them as equals. ABLE members work together to enrich the careers of Black professionals at Nokia. We focus on inclusive recruitment, retention, and community engagement. The partnership with ABLE encourages employees of African Descent to Pool Human and Financial Resources to enhance their professional, educational, economic, and cultural opportunities within Nokia and the communities of African Descent. Also, to generate a climate that supports all employees in recognizing their full potential, thereby making Nokia a more successful enterprise and a wholesome Place to Work. Nokia is always progressing towards creating workspaces where everyone is equally rewarded and feels safe to be their true, authentic selves and respected regardless of anything. I hope my answer has helped you. Good luck! Kind regards, Francisco Souza

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?