Picture of Before starting as a software engineer, were you a software developer?

Before starting as a software engineer, were you a software developer?

Picture of Stefanos
2 responses

Vicente d. asked a question to Stefanos B.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Friday, November 25, 2022

Last reviewed: Saturday, November 26, 2022

Picture of Stefanos B.

Stefanos B.

Software Engineer

My first experience as a Software Engineer was at Nokia. As I said in my profile, I was responsible for monitoring and handling software programs in my previous job. Also, reporting was another responsibility I had. The programs I used were commercial and I could not modify or extend their functionality. However, in my undergraduate studies in Geoinformatics Engineering, I had my first experience with software programming. More specifically, there was a compulsory course called Remote Sensing, which included land observations through satellite images. The project I took part in was related to land cover classification. More specifically, the aim of this was to classify pixels or objects whose spectral characteristics were similar, such as forests, grasslands, wetlands, barren land, cultivated land, and residential land. Through PYTHON and supervised learning classification methods we were able to complete our project. The most well-known PYTHON libraries we used were OpenCV, NumPy, and PyTorch. It is essential to understand that in addition to work experience, all the new skills and knowledge you can acquire through an academic project or online education are also useful and important.

Saturday, November 26, 2022

Vicente d.

thanks

Saturday, November 26, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?