Picture of Can you tell me what your first year was like?

Can you tell me what your first year was like?

Picture of Francisco
Picture of Stefanos
2 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Armia W.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Monday, October 24, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Picture of Francisco S.

Francisco S.

Fault Management Cloud Engineer

Hi, Thank you for your question! I know that your question was to my colleague Armia W. but I thought of sharing my experience too as I joined Nokia recently. My first year of working at Nokia was a lot of learning and not only about training. It was to familiarize myself with the Nokia culture. Each company has different ways of working and cultures. Thus, during my first year, I understood that there's a lot of collaboration going on across functions, cross customers and partners, the way people work with each other, how their internal processes are managed, etc. In a nutshell, I am constantly learning new things related to my work at Nokia and also trying, even more, to align myself with their culture and make the best out of it. It is being an amazing experience for me to work at Nokia.

Friday, November 4, 2022

Picture of Stefanos B.

Stefanos B.

Software Engineer

Hi, Your question is interesting. Although the question is not directly addressed to me, I would like to share with you my experience as I am recently completing my first year with the company. I would characterize this year as a year of adaptability and learning. More specifically, in the first 40 to 50 days I attended pieces of training related to Nokia's culture and ethics. Also, the pieces of training were related to my daily responsibilities and the background behind them. It is vital to understand the way of working when entering a company of this scale. Collaboration is one more thing you learn when you enter the company. Creating an effective and stable framework for collaboration with other teams and colleagues is necessarily important. In general, I can say that my first year at Nokia consisted mostly of continuous learning. The journey at Nokia is an interesting and amazing experience.

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?