Picture of Please tell me about the training when you first joined?

Please tell me about the training when you first joined?

Picture of Ricardo
Picture of Eva
4 responses

Anuth C. asked a question to Ricardo B.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Last reviewed: Friday, June 10, 2022

Picture of Ricardo B.

Ricardo B.

Artificial Intelligence and Distributed Computing

When I first joined Nokia, I received an onboarding training plan from the team, and it covered all the tools and software that I use every day. Afterwards I was part of a group of newcomers who received general training regarding our product. Let's make it simple and say that it gives you an overview of the entire product.  After the general training, I got a training plan for the part I was going to be working on.

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Picture of Eva D.

Eva D.

GPM Center of Excellence Leader, Services GPMO, NI Business Group

When you join a technology company like Nokia, you of course have the opportunity to learn about new technologies, like 5G. Especially if you join a technical team or work in a technical role. But there is also another type of competencies that you will benefit from training, depending on the organization and team you work in and the role or job function that you have. For example, if you join a project delivery team, you will need to acquire project management competencies. And if you join a marketing and communication team, it would be good to train on social media marketing strategies and communication skills. And last but not least, there are other skills (sometimes called "soft" skills) that will be useful to have independently of your type of job, like presentation and communication skills, how to work in virtual teams, negotiations, and self-promotion competencies, etc. Nokia has a corporate learning platform that gives access to training courses and learning opportunities in diverse topics and areas. And as Nokia employees, we are encouraged to define yearly development plans to continuously develop our competencies. It is recommended that this plan not only includes "classroom"-type training (even if online or virtually-delivered), but also practical training (like workshops) and of course on-the-job training.

Friday, June 10, 2022

Picture of Anni R.

Anni R.

Development Studies

Hello. Default onboarding training is structured pretty well. There are mandatory training that need to be taken by all employees such as code of conduct, ethical training, etc, and in addition business-specific training applicable to whichever role you are starting. The variety of available training at Nokia is very large, so it's more a matter of difficulty of what to focus on first. We also have a buddy concept in use where a colleague holds the hand of a new joiner to get them accustomed and all needed information cascaded regarding the role.

Friday, June 10, 2022

Picture of Ram V.

Ram V.

Talent Acquisition Partner

I did go through some of the training like – Information Security, Nokia Code of Conducts & Respect. Respect is one of our core Values and all the above are mandatory for anyone who joins before one gets into the functional training.

Friday, June 10, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?