Picture of What would a typical co-op term look like at Nokia?

What would a typical co-op term look like at Nokia?

9 responses

Grayson H. asked during the live chat Meet the people at Nokia and learn more about student/new grad opportunities! to Nokia

Category: How to apply

Date asked: Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Jonathan H.

Talent Attraction Partner

Hi Grayson! Great question. A co-op term will consist of the daily tasks and lots of perks and exciting areas to focus on beyond the everyday work. You will have a mentor, you’ll have lots of engagement and networking opportunities, presentations and learning opportunities from the business as well as team building exercises among others. Our hiring managers understand that students don't necessarily have the experience that professionals might have. And that a student's experience is mostly form school projects. So, in terms of technical skills and experience, that's now what is most important. What's most important is how you come across in interviews and also how you build your expeience and show case yourself in your resume.

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Grayson H.

Okay so skills that go beyond just technical abilities

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Jonathan H.

Yes, exactly. Of course, you want your technical skills to match with what the job is asking for...but on top of that, it's mainly how you are outside of those skills

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Grayson H.

Okay that makes sense, in terms of a resume what do you think are some key things that would stand out here?

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Jonathan H.

Your personal projects. let's say you have something on github as an example. Or, if you've done school/group projects. Anything extra curricular as well. Sports, drama, play an instrument, etc...

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Grayson H.

Okay I've started to build my github page and have a couple things on it, and I play a couple sports so these are all things that should be included

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Jonathan H.

Yes exactly!

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Grayson H.

Awesome well thank you for your time!

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Jonathan H.

My pleasure!

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?