Hi I am Ashly from India

Ashly J. asked a question to Human Resources

Category: Experience

Date asked: Saturday, August 28, 2021

Last reviewed: Monday, August 30, 2021

Picture of Charles J.

Charles J.

Learning Solutions Consultant

I am an individual contributor who has done my Learning Consultant job both within a Nokia office workplace and from my home office. I have more than 20 years of experience as a corporate learning and development professional. I work daily with customers within the Americas and with colleagues around the globe. Each day, I experience first-hand Nokia’s culture of inclusion, ethics, and integrity. As a minority employee, I live Nokia’s unique commitment to the role of diversity in business success and respect its unwavering support of the needs of every Nokian – geography, ethnicity, and gender notwithstanding. The main challenges and issues I have experienced are generally the same as those encountered by most other Nokia employees – adapting my workplace performance to provide consistently excellent contributions toward our business goals and objectives amidst strong competition and constant change. My organization provides me with the work instructions, tools, automation, frequent and relevant manager guidance and feedbacks I need to do my job. Nokia makes available to me the numerous learning, development, and performance improvement opportunities that I’ve used to gain and grow the knowledge, skills, and behaviors needed to enhance my workplace performance. At Nokia, employees are urges to be open, fearless, and empowered – so that we can focus fully on what really matters. Nokia employees are encouraged to speak up, and the voice of every Nokia employee is important. I would like to see our company make even greater strides to assure that qualified minority employees and individuals from other underrepresented groups are considered more often for higher-level leadership positions within Nokia. Overall, it is uplifting to me that Nokia, as a global company with multi-cultural teams working closely together, supports the specific needs of its employees and help Nokia’s efforts to build and maintain more equal and inclusive work environments. I am proud to be a Nokian.

Monday, August 30, 2021

Picture of Bori M.

Bori M.

Head of Coaching & Mentoring

Difficult to add any new thoughts after Charles - and maybe this is also relevant:-) We like good questions, we like to inspire each other, discuss, brainstorm, share our opinions, experiences, skills... part of what it is like working @Nokia. I have been in both individual contributor and leader role (formal and virtual, in local and global roles) and been involved in projects around way of working and the workplace. With 20+ years behind me I can say I've never had a boring day, always something new to learn, and therefore develop - with roots in Nokia culture and values the learning, renewal, development are all there. I have been a culture ambassador, role modelling values and behaviour, emphasizing inclusion and diversity, with respect being a fundamental principle. Change has indeed been a constant, in parallel reinventing ourselves and striving for high performance, customer satisfaction...to thrive and grow as individuals and as a company. "At Nokia, employees are urged to be open, fearless, and empowered – so that we can focus fully on what really matters." Charles wrote. Indeed: we are ready to challenge, to support, to work independently and collaborate with each other, regardless of location, background, position, age, gender... With our open, inclusive leadership culture using coaching style and empowerment, across our multi-cultural teams we create the technology that helps the world act together. For me, personally, Connecting People also still rings true. Interested to read more about Nokia? Visit our https://www.nokia.com/about-us/careers/life-at-nokia/employee-blogs/

Monday, August 30, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?