Picture of Will interns get the opportunity to work with different teams throughout the internship?

Will interns get the opportunity to work with different teams throughout the internship?

16 responses

Additional information

Although the internships are virtual this summer, is there an opportunity to work with different teams to explore the position we're working in or are we assigned to one team throughout the internship?

Spencer J. asked during the live chat Meet the people at Nokia and Learn more about our Internship Opportunities to Nokia

Category: Internship

Date asked: Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Thelma A.

Strategic Procurement Manager·MN COO Str Sourcing Product BPM

Hi Spencer. It depends on your assignment, but usually there are opportunities to work with different teams of people. This helps to expand your scope on interaction and learning during the internship.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Sacha-Marie E.

Head of Strategic Procurement - RF, FPGAs & Timing

Hi Spencer - that is one of the big benefits of Nokia. We are a global company with countless intertwined teams with diverse representation across the globe!

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Michael T.

Product Manager: Cloud and Network Services: Shared Data Database

Hi Spencer, in most internships you’ll be exposed to various areas of our development and delivery process. What are your interests? Can you name a few?

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Spencer J.

My main focus with my degree has been in Power and Electromagnetics. I've focused mainly on circuit design, antennas, and coding. Recently I've been learning Machine Learning using a Physically Informed Neural Network to predict and optimize Yagi Antennas for my group's senior design project. I'm curious if Nokia uses machine learning for any of their projects to know if it's a useful skill.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Melissa T.

Talent Acquisition Partner

Hi Spencer! Bell Labs has many internship opportunities that require experience in Machine Learning.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Kajaria S.

Senior Privacy and Security Manager

Hey Spencer. Yes, it is definitely a useful and very marketable skill. Machine Learning is trending across industries. Please check our website for these opportunities. if you see an opportunity and have additional questions, kindly follow-up with Melissa Vernon, Nokia's Talent Acquisition team. May I answer any other questions you may have?

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Spencer J.

Thank you! I'll take a look into those positions as well. Since internships are virtual, is there an issue with being out of state for some of these positions. I recall that the position in Dallas preferred local candidates.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Kajaria S.

No there is no issue with being out to state. All our 2021 internships are virtual opportunities.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Melissa T.

Talent Acquisition Partner

Hi Spencer, no issue with you being out of state - as all internships for 2021 are virtual.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Spencer J.

That's great to know, thank you.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Kajaria S.

It is my pleasure. I really encourage you to check out the internships and apply. ML is hot right now!

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Sacha-Marie E.

Head of Strategic Procurement - RF, FPGAs & Timing

Even though you are hired for a specific internship. There are various groups represented at each location. You will have the opportunity to interact with many people in different areas.

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?