Picture of As a fresh college graduate can I do an internship at Nokia?

As a fresh college graduate can I do an internship at Nokia?

Picture of Lukas
Picture of Linda
3 responses
Start new discussionBrowse other categories

Lukas M. asked a question to Linda K.

Category: Internship

Date asked: Friday, June 21, 2024

Last reviewed: Friday, July 19, 2024

Picture of Lukas M.

Lukas M.

Hello, to further explain my question. I have finished a Seneca College - Computer Systems Technician Diploma in Toronto, and then relocated to Ottawa-Kanata region. I am interested in an internship position at Nokia (Doesn't have to be paid) to further extend my experience and a have a potential chance at full-time employment as a network technician or system administrator. I have found various interesting positions Nokia advertised in the "career's" section, but i have noticed a difference between a "student" positions and "co-op/intern", the later one states that the applicant doesn't have to be enrolled in studies and be only a 'candidate'. Thus I ask you, is there a chance my resume might be considered even if I am no longer an active student, but a fresh graduate? Thank you very much for your time and explanation. Best regards, Lukas Millar

Friday, June 21, 2024

Picture of Linda K.

Linda K.

Talent Attraction Partner & Campus Program Manager

Hi Lukas, Great to hear from you and thank you for your great question. All student, co-op, or intern positions are the same essentially. You can be a co-op or an intern to apply; however, you do have to be enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution in order to be eligible. All of our student positions are paid as we do not offer unpaid or volunteer work. What you would be eligible for are our new grad positions. In the Americas region, you can find them easily as they are typically designated with the acronym "Junior" or "Jr." in the position title. Hope this helps! Best of luck in your application process. Kind regards,

Monday, June 24, 2024

Picture of Charles J.

Charles J.

Learning Solutions Consultant

Hi Lukas M.  Thank you for your inquiry and sincere congratulations on your graduation. Nokia a great place for engineers and other technical professionals to apply their knowledge, skills, and experience. As it applies to your recent graduation as a Computer Systems Technician, I suggest that you (1) review information found at the website associated with the link provided below for job positions at Nokia, and then (2) review the listings of job opportunities provided at that same website. Specifically, details about New Professional, Co-op, and Internship opportunities within Nokia (as well as answers to frequently asked questions) can be accessed by clicking on the link provided below. A suggested approach is to thoroughly review the job requirements associated with the job opportunities that best align with your aspirations, experience, and qualifications. The position descriptions for the job opportunities provide information about educational recommendations, the team which you’ll be part, what you will learn, how you will contribute to the team’s goals, and the key skills and experience. Job positions at Nokia are available via the following link: https://www.nokia.com/about-us/careers/ Nokia emphasizes the workplace environmental and individual factors that enhance employee and organizational successes: (1) well defined processes/instructions, automation, and tools, (2) relevant and frequent supervisor feedback, and (3) a variety of incentives. Depending on an employee’s performance needs and professional goals, (4 & 5) Nokia makes abundant informational and professional development training opportunities available to its employees, and (6) mandates frequent one-to-one meetings between employees and their managers. Trained mentors and mentoring programs are another resource available for professional growth at Nokia. Closely review the expectations and requirements associated with the open position(s) that are of interest to you and which best align with your experience and qualifications. Don’t hesitate to apply for all positions for which you wish to be considered. Thank you again Lukas for your inquiry.

Friday, July 19, 2024

Did you find this discussion helpful?