Picture of How do I  switch to another career while working at Nokia? Also can I learn new skills at the company?

How do I switch to another career while working at Nokia? Also can I learn new skills at the company?

Picture of Dharmendra
1 response

Richu M. asked a question to Dharmendra S.

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Sunday, August 13, 2023

Last reviewed: Monday, August 21, 2023

Picture of Dharmendra S.

Dharmendra S.

Head of Business Group and Shared Services - Global Sales Support

Hi, great question. Nokia provides ample opportunities for career planning, growth, and career movements within Nokia. It is also a part of Nokia's People Strategy. There are various tools like MyGrowth Portal and Nokia Technical career path that are very useful to grow and switch careers. MyGrowth Portal is dedicated to supporting Nokia employees in understanding available career and growth opportunities at Nokia and in planning relevant journeys. It provides us with personalized open position recommendations generated by AI/ML algorithms. Nokia’s Technical Career Path is an essential part of our People Strategy pillar Growing together, which is focused on aligning our employees’ personal and professional growth aspirations with what is needed to sustain Nokia’s business growth. It offers our people more flexibility and choice. Nokia employees  regardless of the business group/function in which they reside  can now choose between two different ways to grow at Nokia: Either the traditional managerial path or our new expert path for Individual Contributors. There are multiple training opportunities to improve/add new skills depending on the individual needs. Hope this was useful, all the best.

Monday, August 21, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?