Picture of How is the work culture at Nokia? Is it good to start career in hardware?

How is the work culture at Nokia? Is it good to start career in hardware?

Picture of Stefanos
1 response

Ayushi D. asked a question to Engineering & Science

Category: About us

Date asked: Friday, July 28, 2023

Last reviewed: Friday, July 28, 2023

Picture of Stefanos B.

Stefanos B.

Software Engineer

Hello and thank you for your question. Overall, I think the IT domain is a very interesting and evolving workplace. Hardware knowledge and experience is something useful for everyone working in this field. But in my opinion, in the coming years, the software part will experience more development, because it costs less than the hardware and can be updated more easily. However, that doesn't mean you can't work in a hardware field or that there aren't valuable job opportunities. Moreover, if you ever want to switch to software, you can easily do so. Regarding the work culture at Nokia, I can tell you that mutual respect and understanding, as well as good cooperation and communication are the pillars of the environment that an employee notices when he comes to the company. The company aims to have an excellent work-life balance for its employees. To achieve this, there are high ethical standards. Ethnicity, gender, age, religious and educational background, and disabilities are not a means of categorizing people at Nokia. All people are given equal access to opportunities and discrimination has no place at Nokia. In addition, Nokia invests in the personal development of employees through the training opportunities it provides. There is a learning hub where all employees have access and can request any training they want. Many online courses and trainings exist in it and can cover various fields of knowledge. This leads to continuous development of digital skills and technological know-how.

Friday, July 28, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?