Picture of How you guys figuring out the economical outbreak and large scale of employees?

How you guys figuring out the economical outbreak and large scale of employees?

Picture of Linda
3 responses

Additional information

Eyafee, Dalhousie University ( Computer Science - co-op)

Eyafee J. asked a question to Linda K.

Category: Team Info

Date asked: Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Last reviewed: Monday, July 24, 2023

Picture of Linda K.

Linda K.

Talent Attraction Partner & Campus Program Manager

Hi Eyafee, can you elaborate or reword your question again please? I want to make sure I am appropriately answering your question. Thank you.

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Eyafee J.

Now a days every companies are cutting out their employees even co-op job seeker like me are trying hard to get internship, but Nokia still hiring more people in this even when others are cutting out? how you guys financially managing it? Also, one more things, what you guys look for in a co-op job candidate before hiring them?

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Picture of Linda K.

Linda K.

Talent Attraction Partner & Campus Program Manager

Hi Eyafee, I understand things might be a bit more difficult now. Everyone working in tech is affected; however, the tech industry is also resilient and will eventually bounce back. Nokia is very strategic and cautious in our processes, and we have a great leadership team that knows how to mitigate what is happening on a macro level economically. Plus it helps that we create and work on cutting-edge technology that is absolutely critical to the network and ensuring that the world is connected to each other. As for coop candidates, it really depends as every business, hiring team, projects require different skill sets. It is highly competitive as we hire around 500 students in Canada for example per year. But overall we look for students who demonstrates initiative, has good problem-solving capabilities, and who are adaptable. We want students who can bring their own ideas, fresh perspectives, and their authentic selves. If you can demonstrate this on your resume in addition to any technical skills relevant to the position you are applying for then that's a good start!

Monday, July 24, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?