Picture of Hi! Would you recommend I do certification courses for frameworks or should I make some projects using them instead?

Hi! Would you recommend I do certification courses for frameworks or should I make some projects using them instead?

Picture of Karan
Picture of Sandrine
3 responses

Additional information

I am having trouble getting interviews for a job in software. I am a recent graduate and have very little experience at the moment.

Anonymous asked a question to Karan Y.

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Friday, July 15, 2022

Last reviewed: Saturday, November 25, 2023

Picture of Karan Y.

Karan Y.

Talent Acquisition Partner

Hi, I would recommend completing the certification course first, once you are familiar with basic knowledge about the technology, pls start working on a project where you can enhance your learning by utilizing that technology. Hope this helps!

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Employer Brand Ops and Innovation Lead

hi @Remi and @Steve could you also answer this question?

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Picture of Remi M.

Remi M.

Software Engineer

I believe it's useful to do projects because we can utilize the theoretical knowledge that we learned and also create something meaningful. I suggest uploading your projects to a code repository (for example: GitHub, or GitLab) and thoroughly documenting them. Then you can include them in your resume and during the job interview you can tell the recruiters about them and present your both technical and theoretical knowledge about specific frameworks. I keep my fingers crossed for your interviews!

Saturday, November 25, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?