Picture of Is there any difference in tasks between men & women in nokia?

Is there any difference in tasks between men & women in nokia?

Picture of Eva
Picture of Sandrine
3 responses

Anonymous asked a question to Eva D.

Category: Open positions

Date asked: Saturday, June 4, 2022

Last reviewed: Friday, June 17, 2022

Picture of Eva D.

Eva D.

GPM Center of Excellence Leader, Services GPMO, NI Business Group

In Nokia, there is no difference in tasks assigned to men and women. However, our gender diversity data shows that we still need to work towards gender diversity, equality, and inclusion. There is room for improvement: Nokia’s workforce has 22% of women, but only 16% of Line Managers are women, and there is only about 15% of women in leadership positions. These differences in gender diversity across the organization hierarchy are what some of us call the “female capital gap”, and it needs to be closed. Nokia has defined an I&D agenda, which covers gender diversity specifically. There are several programs, initiatives and activities organized across the company, by the People (HR) organization, by each of the Business Groups, and of course by the ERGs (Employee Resource Groups, a.k.a. employee networks).

Thursday, June 16, 2022

Picture of Sandrine H.

Sandrine H.

Employer Brand Ops and Innovation Lead

Talita T. Burcu D. Gail W. you might want to share your perspective to this important topic.

Thursday, June 16, 2022

Picture of Burcu D.

Burcu D.

Global Inclusion & Diversity Program Manager

Hi, My colleague Eva has given a very comprehensive answer that I agree fully with. Indeed there is no difference in tasks between men & women in Nokia. Having said that becoming truly inclusive is a journey where one needs to be “consciously including” and not to “exclude anyone accidentally”. To reinforce that active & conscious inclusion, as mentioned by Eva as part of our inclusion agenda, every year we deliver training on mitigating unconscious bias since gender norms are critical to addressing. We also have allyship programs on supporting gender balance & empowering everyone to strive for inclusion every day.

Friday, June 17, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?