Picture of What should I prepare for interview!?

What should I prepare for interview!?

Picture of Charles
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Education

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Picture of Charles J.

Charles J.

Learning Solutions Consultant

Hi - Thank you for asking this important question. I can offer a few time-tested interviewing tips that you might find helpful. Always login or appear on time, preferably a few minutes early, for your interview. Whether you are interviewing in person or if interviewing via video connection, be sure to wear business-appropriate attire for the interview. Interviewing is a stressful activity, so it is important to focus on staying confident, attentive, and calm but enthusiastic throughout the interview. Maintain eye contact with the interviewer (this also applies when online), and it’s OK to take a few moments to think before answering the interviewer’s questions. Prepare for your interview. Interview preparations not only include being able to respond, describe, and discuss any questions about the job-related skills and qualifications reflected in your resume, but also involves researching the company. Such research will help you better understand the company’s culture and what knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors the company is seeking. Be prepared to discuss how your own knowledge, skills, and experiences align with the company’s job requirements. In summary, effective interviewing strategies include projecting self-confidence, staying positive, and concisely communicating and sharing examples of the qualifications that make you the best candidate for the job. Finally, don’t forget to follow-up soon after the interview with a thank-you note to reemphasize your interest in the position. The follow-up note will also provide an opportunity to convey any pertinent information you may have omitted during the interview.

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?