Picture of As a fresher with a adequate level of experience in cybersecurity, how can I prepare for my interview?

As a fresher with a adequate level of experience in cybersecurity, how can I prepare for my interview?

Best discussions & stories
Picture of Charles
1 response

Additional information

Having a experience of soc analyst in E & Y , how I will be analysed ?

siva O. asked a question to Human Resources

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Monday, November 16, 2020

Last reviewed: Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Picture of Charles J.

Charles J.

Learning Solutions Consultant

Hi Siva P. Thank you for asking this question. I can offer a few time-tested interviewing tips that you might find helpful. Always be on time, a few minutes early, for your interview. If in-person or via video connection, wear business-appropriate attire for the interview. Interviewing is stressful, so it is important to stay calm, confident, attentive, and enthusiastic throughout the interview. Maintain eye contact with the interviewer, and it’s OK to take a few moments to think before answering the interviewer’s questions. Prepare for the interview. Preparation includes not only being able to describe, discuss, and respond to questions about the job-related skills and qualifications reflected in your resume, but also involves researching the company. Such research will help you understand exactly what knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors the company is seeking and helps to prepare you to discuss how your own knowledge, skills, attitudes, behaviors, and experiences match the company’s job requirements. In summary, effective interviewing strategies include projecting self-confidence, staying positive, and concisely communicating and sharing examples of the knowledge, skills, attitudes, behaviors, and other qualifications that make you the best candidate for the job. Lastly, don’t forget to follow-up shortly after the interview with a thank-you note to reemphasize your interest in the position. The follow-up note will also provide an opportunity to convey any relevant information you may have omitted during the interview.

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?