Picture of Did you find your original plans changed after Nokia noticed your particular strengths?

Did you find your original plans changed after Nokia noticed your particular strengths?

Picture of Andrejs
1 response

Additional information

Sometimes we start in a role and realize our potential lies in a different sector. So I am wondering if Nokia supports the idea that moving into new areas or roles is beneficial for both the employee and business?

Christopher G. asked a question to Andrejs B.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Sunday, October 13, 2019

Last reviewed: Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Picture of Andrejs B.

Andrejs B.

Source To Pay Project Development Team Lead

Hi Christopher, Yes, Nokia does support the idea of exploring and developing various areas of professional personality (interests, potential, skills, strengths, etc.). Besides main objectives an individual might get involved (voluntarily) in various projects that are not fully in his regular job description to experience different tasks and roles. On top of that, there are rotation options available at Nokia where we are able to 'switch' roles with a colleague from a different team or even department for a pre-defined period of time. This allows to fully immerge in a different environment for a while and experience a different perspective. In some cases these temporary rotations turn out to be permanent changes, as people find themselves learning more and being more comfortable with different tasks. Personally, I joined Nokia IT from a small financial and management consulting company - which in itself was a substantial change - and was exposed to various teams throughout my time here (both within IT and outside of it). I found my career plans to be shifting based on the experience I gained from my roles and tasks, but the internal network of people has always supported me in my learning ambitions.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?